09 Jun Business Developer Fellow
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017. We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Kenya Sales Team This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales.
We’re in search of a fellow with the right combination of initiative, organizational skills, and sales know-how to help us grow. BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as Fellow in our Sales Department in Kenya. The Fellow will work closely with our VP of Sales and our sales team; they will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
- Help grow existing wholesale customers of BURN within retail, MFI, and corporate channels through supporting sales executives in developing specific sales strategies.
- Support Sales Executives to develop new distribution channels and institutional partnerships, specifically by designing our strategy for large-scale distribution and financing.
- Work with Sales Execs on professional development and Sales Team capacity building. Such as trainings on selling techniques, negotiations strategy, IT, etc. Help support Sales Team capacity building through implementing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and/or integrating CRM into an ERP system.
- Plan and conduct marketing events with our team of 20 activators
- Work directly with VP Sales on market entry & sales strategy for new and emerging export markets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
- High level of comfort working with B2B clients and a team of Sales Executives.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Consumer product sales experience.
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience.
REMUNERATION: Fellows receive a stipend of USD 1,100 per month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
STARTING DATE: July/August 2017
DURATION : 6 – 12 Months
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ Business Developer Fellow _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to [email protected]
Explore our other opportunities
BURN, manufactures and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN is the leading cookstove company in sub-Saharan Africa and has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high quality, locally manufactured and......21 August, 2017No comment
BURN designs,locally manufactures, and distributes aspirational high quality fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in Kenya. We are looking for a Senior Technician to manage and have overall responsibility for maintenance on production tools, equipment, and infrastructure in our factory in Ruiru. Main......23 August, 2017No comment