09 Jun Business Developer Fellow
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017. We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Kenya Sales Team This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales.
We’re in search of a fellow with the right combination of initiative, organizational skills, and sales know-how to help us grow. BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven candidate to serve as Fellow in our Sales Department in Kenya. The Fellow will work closely with our VP of Sales and our sales team; they will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
- Help grow existing wholesale customers of BURN within retail, MFI, and corporate channels through supporting sales executives in developing specific sales strategies.
- Support Sales Executives to develop new distribution channels and institutional partnerships, specifically by designing our strategy for large-scale distribution and financing.
- Work with Sales Execs on professional development and Sales Team capacity building. Such as trainings on selling techniques, negotiations strategy, IT, etc. Help support Sales Team capacity building through implementing a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and/or integrating CRM into an ERP system.
- Plan and conduct marketing events with our team of 20 activators
- Work directly with VP Sales on market entry & sales strategy for new and emerging export markets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
- High level of comfort working with B2B clients and a team of Sales Executives.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Consumer product sales experience.
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience.
REMUNERATION: Fellows receive a stipend of USD 1,100 per month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
STARTING DATE: July/August 2017
DURATION : 6 – 12 Months
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ Business Developer Fellow _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to firstname.lastname@example.org