08 May Business Development Manager (Part-time), Uganda
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~12,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a sales expert to drive our sales expansion into Uganda. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales for East Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Help develop and present the Sales and Marketing strategy for Uganda sales expansion.
- Business Development: Develop new sales channels & wholesale clients.
- Management: Manage up to 10 person Sales and Activation Team.
- Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships. Work with distributors to develop their sales strategy & grow their sales.
- Marketing: Working with our VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing to develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive end consumer demand of our products.
- Forecasting: Assist in sales forecasting; develop and track the budget for country sales/marketing.
- Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the Senior Management team and Board of Directors highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
- New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and country specific needs and wants.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years sales experience, preferably in Consumer Durable Goods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English.
- High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Experience developing new distribution channels, creating end-consumer demand, & managing sales teams
- An ability to laugh and tackle the challenges that come with working in a new market!
REMUNERATION : Salary is commensurate with experience.
START DATE: AUG 2017
LOCATION : Uganda
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_Sales Manager_CV/Cover Letter_Date _Month, Year to email@example.com
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com.