11 Jun Controller
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Direct reports: None
- Perform controlling functions and generate reports from the ERP system.
- Develop and prepare other reports for department heads, C-level and Board
- Financial reports
- HR reports
- Productivity reports
- Manufacturing reports
- Financial modeling for new product lines, entities, expansion, and internationalization.
- Contributes to and implement the financial strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with tax, legislative and statutory and other related requirements.
- Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances. Initiate corrective actions.
- Ensures development and implementation of financial policies, procedures and best practices at a divisional tactical level and to provide guidance and support to the CFO and management in dealing with all aspects of finance in accordance with such policies and procedures whilst also achieving operational goals and objectives.
- Perform internal audits when required.
- Oversee forecast cash flow forecasting for all entities in BURN, and ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Responsible for the establishment of a sound management information function and ensuring the accuracy of the information generated.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings in all countries with BURN’s presence, Kenya and the US.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are clean, accurate and are cleared in a timely manner as per BURN procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
To apply, visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company, which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce, which is 60 percent female, thus, empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.