05 Feb Country Manager (Mogadishu)
We are seeking a Country Manager to increase our sales in Mogadishu and Kismayo, implement marketing campaigns, and manage an office and local sales staff.
This person needs to have sales and operations experience, be multilingual, be familiar with local and western business practices, and undergo a standard background check.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Strategy: Working with a team and the VP of Expansion to develop, execute and refine the sales and marketing strategy for Mogadishu and Kismayo
- Activations: Hire (or outsource), train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation/promotion team
- After Sales: Set up and manage an after-sales network of repair stations and warranty activations.
- Training: Train wholesalers and retailers on our products
- Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships/customer accounts and develop new ones
- Marketing: Working with the senior sales and marketing team, develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through our distribution channels
- Business Development: Develop and manage new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retail, corporations/government institutions, and NGOs
- Logistics & Forecasting: Plan order schedule together with importers/distributors, assist in sales forecasting. Track the budget for country sales and marketing
- Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and growth opportunities
- Government Relations: Be the key on-the-ground person working with government officials when senior management is not in Mogadishu, with guidance and support from VP of Expansion
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Energetic, multi-tasker, passionate about helping people save money and the environment with our efficient modern charcoal stoves
- Sales experience
- Managerial experience and ability to manage a small team of promoters
- Operations experience and ability manage an office, inventory, and legal paperwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English and Somali.
- High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Experience developing new distribution channels, creating end-consumer demand
LOCATION: Mogadishu, Somalia
POSITION REPORTS TO: VP of Expansion
CONTRACT PERIOD: 12 months
START DATE: April 1, 2019
TO APPLY: Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] in the following filename format: [First Name, Last Name], Somalia Country Manager [CV/Cover Letter], [Date].
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations.
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.