09 Sep Electrical Engineer Consultant
We are looking for subject matter expertise in the area of consumer electronics to design and develop a pioneering electric cooking product for the East African market. This is a consultant position and limited-time project. Expected project length is part-time for 6 months.
- Will be responsible for the analysis, simulation, review of electronic prototypes.
- Able to support our existing engineering team and build electronics design capacity.
- Assist with proof of concept simulations that support design reviews.
- Support preparation of comprehensive documentation for all electrical designs, including wiring diagrams/schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, and design changes, test reports, design-validation plan, and reports to ensure that installation and operations
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of product development experience, specifically with electronics
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with simulation tools such as MATLAB, EAGLE, Proteus etc.
- Understanding of PCB design constraints
- Experience with failure analysis and root cause identification
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Experience with manufacturability and or sourcing is a bonus.
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 650,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and also expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves – to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years BURN will enter into 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.