04 Oct Factory Electrical Technician
BURN is seeking for an ideal candidate who will combine outstanding technical skills in engineering with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team – preferably within the manufacturing background.
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- In charge of all electrical power (Mains, Solar and Generator).
- Ensuring all equipment is electrically sound and safe for use.
- Conduct all PM as well as unplanned maintenance work on all MDBs, DBs and panels
- Ensuring fast response and fix of all electrical issues.
- Help mechanical technicians in troubleshooting and repair of factory equipment.
- Help in load balancing and sizing of equipment’s.
- Help in machine installations and commissioning
- Back up as a mechanical technician
- Ensuring daily operations are updated in the appropriate systems and logs
- Follow up with maintenance team to ensure fast response to Breakdowns.
- 5+ years hands on experience.
- Knowledgeable on Installation and commissioning of machines
- Certificate/Diploma in electrical engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Good problem-solving skill
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3M+ beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and we are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves – to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years BURN will enter into 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.