06 Nov Factory Workshop Assistant
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
Position reports to: Senior Machinist
Direct reports: None
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the workshop senior machinist in their responsibilities and duties on production tools and non-machinery equipment.
- Carries out all assigned jobs and tasks related to the Workshop upon the assignment given by the workshop’s senior machinist.
- To take lead in organizing the workshop and have everything in order upon the instructions of the Engineering and production manager.
- Ensure a safe and organized shop workspace.
- Always act as a positive representative of the company and consider environmental implications in the factory.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and categorization skills.
- Excellent written communication skills for reporting.
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.