03 Oct General Manager
BURN is experiencing strong growth and intends to increase sales by more than 50% in 2018. We are looking for someone to help fuel this growth from the operations side.
- Oversee and drive growth in the Production, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, and Inventory departments.
- Liaising with the senior management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress.
- Budgeting and reporting.
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Help drive new products into stable operations, including project management, updating systems, planning for resources, timelines, etc.
- Ownership of ERP system.
- Material planning and forecasting.
- Plan and implement new systems.
- Continuous improvement in systems, products, production, communication, and people.
- Team management.
- 2 years’ of experience as Head of Operations
- 2 years’ experience working in an international environment
- 1-year experience forecasting
- 5 years’ working experience in a production environment
- Engineering background is a plus
- Experience in East Africa is a plus
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position reports to: CEO
Direct reports: Supply Chain Manager, Quality Manager, Production & Maintenance Manager
Start Date: Quarter 2, 2019
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Compensation is between $4000 to $5000.
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death. With more than 500,000 stoves sold since 2013, BURN has established itself as the most trusted jiko brand thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovative research and design, manufacturing excellence, and customer care.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 500,000+ jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 2,500,000+ beneficiaries save $138 million in fuel expenditures and 2,343,375 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.