01 Jun Grant Administrator
We are looking for a Grants Administrator who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative, and contributions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for researching and developing a portfolio of donors.
- Responsible for identifying, planning, writing, preparing and presenting grant proposals and accompanying materials (including budgets and timelines), as well as completing appropriate follow-through and stewardship for multiple grants/gifts.
- Manages the proposal development and submission process; writing and preparing grant proposals, reports, and other well-written, compelling and consistent documents that meet strategic direction and funding needs of the BURN while aligning with donor goals.
- Executes tailored solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans for each grant to ensure that revenue goals are met and mission priorities are funded.
Requirements (E – essential, D – desirable):
- E – Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, Communication, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- D – At least two (2) years of grant writing/reporting experience
- D – History of soliciting and winning government grants;
- D – Experience developing budgets and outcomes/deliverables
- E -Excellent communication, organization, and relationship-building skills
- Strong critical thinking, judgment and strategic decision-making
- D – Experience with M&E and building / maintaining budgets
To apply, visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Salary KSH 40,000
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations.
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.