20 Feb Head of Product Innovation
BURN is one of the only social enterprises that not only manufactures its products locally but also develops them locally and in a new product development team partially comprised of customers themselves. BURN is looking for a Head of Product Innovation to drive innovation at the company.
- Manage the new product development pipeline, including new products and improvements of existing products, from discovery of new concepts through the detailed design phase.
- Support the mechanical engineering team in detailed design and process development.
- Conceive of new products to be evaluated in BURN’s process.
- Business case analysis.
- Manage design engineering team, testing lab, prototyping shop, market research team, and accelerated lifecycle testing program.
- Design development of concepts in CAD, prototyping, testing, and market research.
- Develop and refine customer needs and product parameters.
- Manage and refine the phase-gate development process, including working across other departments.
- Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy.
- Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
- Mechanical engineering background or similar
- Has developed products which have been launched commercially
- Expertise in Solidworks or AutoCAD
- Familiarity with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, drill press
- Experience in East Africa is a plus
To apply please visit, https://www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations.
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.