10 Jun Kenya Commercial Director
We are seeking a Kenya Commercial Director to oversee Kenya Sales and Marketing. This person will be a key member of the senior team; must have extensive Sales and marketing management experience in Kenya; be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position reports to: CEO
Direct reports: 8 – 10
- Sales Strategy: Develop and implement BURN’s growth strategy for Kenya Wholesale Sales. The major goal is to grow Kenya Sales to penetrate the early mass market at >30% market penetration. Design and execute new product launch strategies for the Kenya market.
- Wholesale Sales: Overall (Unit volume, Revenue, ASP, Margin) responsibility for BURN’s Kenya Sales across B2B wholesale channels: Retail, Financial Institutions, and Distributors with Agent Networks. Introduce new products to the Kenya market.
- Business Development & New Channel Development: Work on New Business Development with Kenya Key Accounts; both taking the lead and alongside channel Sales Executives. Oversee Route-To-Market, strategy, budget, staffing of new channel development in B2C channels.
- Budget: Prepare, maintain, and adhere to the Kenya Sales Department budget.
- Team Management: Manage Kenya Sales team including Channel Sales Executives, Activators and Activator Managers, Business Analyst, Sales Fellows, and other Kenya Sales Staff as the team grows. Oversee Kenya Sales Executive’s Key Account Quarterly Sales Plans.
- End-Consumer Customer Service: Oversee End-Consumer customer service in Kenya. Analyze end-consumer data to improve brand, customer service, warranty repair satisfaction, and sales opportunities.
- Systems/Process/Training: Help improve systems and processes for Kenya Sales Team (CRM, Sales Dashboard, New Business Development, and Sales/Channels Analysis). Oversee curriculum development and training of Kenya Sales Staff.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts for Kenya. Produce monthly sales reports and other market-based reports as needed.
- Marketing Strategy Development: In conjunction with BURN’s Sales Executives and Marketing team, devise marketing strategies that support BURN’s sales goals for customers in our target sales channels.
- Marketing Campaigns Insights & Execution: Along with the Marketing Department, help drive key marketing insights and campaigns for Kenya ATL * BTL marketing. Work with the Marketing Department and Kenya Sales Staff to ensure the best execution of Kenya BTL Marketing campaigns, track BTL campaigns ROI to sales growth.
- Budget & Performance Tracking: Working in conjunction with the Marketing team, help establish and manage marketing budgets for Kenya campaigns and track ROI of campaigns to maximize Kenya Sales.
- Customer Data Analysis: Along with Marketing team and After Sales Department track & analyze pre and post-consumer feedback; marketing surveys, customer satisfaction, campaign messaging and effectiveness.
Requirements- (E – essential, D – desirable):
- 8 Years of Sales & Marketing Experience in Kenya (E)
- 3+ years Sales and/or Marketing Mid to Senior level Management Experience (E)
- B2B Sales and wholesale channel management experience (E)
- 5 Years of experience in New Business Development of Key Accounts (E)
- Ability to produce and present professional Strategy, reports, accurate forecasts, and oversee channel sales plans (E).
- Experience with sales/marketing of physical products (D) Durable Goods is a plus (D)
- 3+ years experience successfully developing new sales channel (D)
- Sales/Marketing Data Analysis experience (D)
- Bachelor’s Degree from University, ideally in Business (E). Master’s Degree is a plus (D)
To apply, visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company, which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce, which is 60 percent female, thus, empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.