08 Jul Market Research & Business Intelligence Manager
We are seeking a Manager for Market Research and Business Intelligence who can help grow and adapt our Market Research team and build up a Business Intelligence unit to drive analytical decision-making across the company. You will work with the leadership of the Sales, Marketing, R&D, After Sales, and Expansion teams to develop and execute market research and data analysis plans.
You will lead the Market Research and Business Intelligence teams, ensuring efficient and appropriately prioritized project execution considering the needs of all departments. You will also take responsibility for conducting some more intricate research personally, and for producing or editing all reporting.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Position reports to: CCO
Direct reports: Market Research Coordinator and Sales Analyst
- Manage the Market Research department: Continuously build the market research team, including professional development. Drive improvements in market research, including methodologies, rigor, analysis, etc.
- Marketing, customer, and product market research: schedule and direct market research, including developing methodologies, analysis, reporting, longitudinal studies, and field work
- Business Intelligence: research and analyze market data (including socioeconomic, sales, competitor, and other data) for Sales, Marketing, and Expansion to inform commercial decision making
- Sales Data: Analyze & present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance data.
- Processes & Systems: Develop, along with CCO, processes & systems to improve efficiencies in the commercial departments
- Sales Tools & Platform Build Out: Build and manage sales systems and tools, e.g. Business Intelligence platform, CRM including full integration with BURN’s other internal systems e.g. ERP.
- Manage and report sales data (forecasts, sales pipeline, sell-through rates, channel growth, conversion rates, wallet share, % of plan achieved, channel partners database, channel profitability, market share etc.) Vs budget and conduct, analysis to drive improvements in sales strategy and Route-To-Market.
- Professional Development: Work with commercial staff on professional development and capacity building. Such as training on forecasting, strategic plans, and sales systems
- Data analysis ability & solid understanding of commercial business.
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
- Process oriented; experience implementing processes and systems.
- Prior management experience
- High level of comfort supporting a team of outside Sales Executives & B2B clients.
- A degree or education in statistics, economics, engineering, or equivalent
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM)
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
- Prior experience with the following research methodologies and study types: positioning, post-release/mortem, pilot, brand, copy/ad, and tracking. Exposure to price testing, market-sizing, segmentation, and qualitative methodologies is a plus.
- To apply, visit https://www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.