Newsletters
BURNinNews October 2020 Newsletter
View this email in your browser
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Email
 
 
 
October 2020
 
 
 
The Kuniokoa is the world’s most fuel-efficient, natural-draft household rocket stove in production. The Kuniokoa achieved a 48% thermal efficiency with a pot skirt (and 43% without). But fuel-efficiency is only part of it. The Kuniokoa also receives top marks for emission reductions and usability:
  1. Best-in-class emission reduction: University of Washington WBT results showed a High Power PM2.5 of 124.51 mg/MJd. This equates to a 83-96% reduction in High Power PM2.5  as compared to the three stone fire.(1,2)
  2. Our customers love it. The Kuniokoa received an incredible Net Promoter Score of 90% in our most recent survey of 155 users.
If you want to buy 1 or 1 million Kuniokoas, contact us at globalsales@burnmfg.com.
Our New Website is Now Live!
BURN’s new website, www.burnstoves.com, is live! The site’s redesigned interface will make it easier for prospective customers and partners to browse through our new product catalogue and video, and purchase our Gold Standard VER carbon credits.

BURN Expands into West & Southern Africa

BURN’s growth has not slowed down despite the COVID19 pandemic. In the past 2 months, we have shipped containers to Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Zambia, Senegal, and Nigeria. In September we hired 2 country managers to lead our operations in Nigeria and Mozambique and we are recruiting the Sales Project Manager for Francophone West Africa
BURN Launches Turbo Pro for Restaurants

Last month, BURN launched the Turbo Pro, a forced-draft cookstove that burns dry and wet wood, and non-carbonized briquettes. The Turbo Pro is designed to save restaurants more money, fuel, and time.
Cooking has been very enjoyable since I got the TurboPro. It is very fast and smokeless; our kitchen is cleaner than before. Before Turbo Pro we spent US$80 a month on fuel but now we are only spending US$35,” says Ms. Chege, one of the early adopters.

Introducing the Pro125 Institutional Stove!

“The Pro125 is a natural-draft 125 Litre institutional stove that burns both wood and non-carbonized agricultural waste and is the first mass-produced institutional stove manufactured entirely in Africa.

The Pro125 is the result of over 15 years of institutional stove development and brings a new level of performance and durability to institutional customers, backed up by BURN’s legendary customer service.”


BURN has partnered with bettervest, a German crowd funding platform, to raise over €1 million in working capital. Amounts invested will earn 6.5% interest over the 6 year life of the loan, with an additional 2% (for a total of 8.5%) granted to individuals who invest before 4 November 2020. However, there are 2 caveats: 
  1. Investments in crowdfunding projects via bettervest are currently not yet possible for citizens from the United States, Canada, Australia, and Japan, due to the financial regulations in these respective markets. 
  2. The bettervest website is only in German!  If you can't speak German, please send us an email and our team will walk you through the steps. For German speakers, details zum Projekt und aktuellen Finanzierungsstatus finden Sie hier.
If you are not eligible for the bettervest platform but are interested in investing, please contact peter.scott@burnmfg.com
 
Visit us at www.burnstoves.com   
Drop us a line at communications@burnmfg.com


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Copyright © 2020 BURN Manufacturing Co. All rights reserved.
 
BURN's Newsletter Sign Up