08 Oct Product Development Engineer
BURN is currently seeking a mission-driven experienced candidate as a Product Development Engineer in our factory in Ruiru, Kenya.
- Conceptual and detailed design of clean burning cookstoves and accessories for East Africa
- Research and developing manufacturing processes including designing tools to bring the product into production
- Fabrication of prototypes, including sheet metal forming, 3d printing and others
- Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
- Mechanical engineering, product development, or industrial design background
- Good command of CAD software, documentation skills
- Practical working experience
- Familiarity with basic tool shop equipment and tools, such as drill press, mill, lathe, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude, understanding of process development
- Experience in tooling, jigs and fixtures design
- Works well in team setting
- Goal oriented
- Preference for experience with CNC, sheet metal, production environments, or process development
Location and Duration:
Ruiru, Kenya to begin in Q1 2020 or earlier. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Send Your CV to [email protected]
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3M+ beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and we are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves – to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years BURN will enter into 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.