04 Nov R&D Project Manager
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
Position reports to: Head of Product Innovation
Direct reports: None
- Keep projects moving on time, and within budget; manage resources across workstreams and resolve bottlenecks
- Managing the day to day project needs – scheduling tests, organizing transport and logistics, tracking expenses while updating timelines
- Updating all tracking systems for budget and timelines
- Making sure that projects are well structured, and communication is efficient and effective
- Coordinating procurements, team schedules and tasks to deliver results for project milestones
- Drafting narrative and financial proposals and reports for external use
- Defining (in collaboration with management) project objectives, budget, timelines, and deliverables
- Coordinate regular project meetings, develop agendas and send meeting minutes
- 3+ years’ experience in managing grant-funded or similar programs
- Bachelor’s in Project Management or other relevant degrees
- Be able to adapt to a highly variable environment, change the scope and focus with ease
- Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with a culture of experimentation yet value the need to organize and plan
- Excellent narrative writer
- Excellent communication skills – unafraid to speak up or take issues head-on
- Experience with detailed grant reporting requirements and/or grant writing with large funders
- Experience using Asana or other project tracking software
- Experience in managing distribution
- Good management skills
- Result oriented
- Mature opinion-forming
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Customer and service orientation
- Excellent team player
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.