30 Nov Sales Analyst
We are seeking a Sales Analyst to build the capacity of our Sales Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the sales team and will work closely with the CCO. The fellow will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways:
- Develop, along with CCO processes & systems for sales department to run more efficiently.
- Manage and report sales data (forecasts, sales pipe-line, sell through rates, channel growth, conversion rates, wallet share, % of plan achieved, channel partners data-base, channel profitability, market share etc) vs budget and conduct analysis to drive improvements in sales strategy and RTM.
- Assist the Head of Sales as well as management in developing and reviewing the sales budget
- Prepare and present daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance
- Work with Sales Executives on professional development and capacity building. Such as trainings on: forecasting, strategic plans and sales systems
- Build and manage all sales systems and tools, e.g. BI platform, CRM including full integration with burn’s other internal systems e.g. ERP, and
- Build out the CRM’s standard operating procedures and communicate across all sales teams.
- Ensure that current and future data and system requirements are met to provide accurate decision making support to the business
- Strategize, plan, and implement new product launches with CCO and sales team.
- Conduct numeric distribution surveys as well as deep stick surveys related to channel efficiency etc
- Research and evaluate current economic conditions that may affect the organization’s ability to sell its products in the marketplace.
- Recommend changes to current sales strategies, procedures and promotional efforts based on market research and new trends
- Help the company optimize promotional and operational efforts through the analysis and prediction of sales trends and markets
- Consolidate & analyze competitor’s information
Desired Experience & skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team as well in an independent environment
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Being resourceful, energetic, self-driven, structured, and displaying a strong desire to take initiative.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving capabilities, and detail-oriented:
- At least 4 years of experience as data analyst in any of the following industries; Durable goods, home appliances, consumer electronics, manufacturing
- MIS experience is a plus
- Data analysis ability, identify and analyze number patterns and outliers with an aim to recommend improvement and or opportunities and a solid understanding of commercial business.
- Data-base creation and management capabilities
- High Coordination skills
- Experience in strategy development and business plans.
- Process oriented; experience implementing processes and systems.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- High level of comfort supporting a team of outside Sales Executives & B2B clients.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Good computer (MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Project and CRM) as well database skills (SQL)
- Proficiency in English
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales & marketing experience and candidates with East African experience
- Effective projection and forecasting skills
- Strong organizational, operational, and planning skills in a sales focused environment
- Click Here to apply!
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 2,500,000+ beneficiaries save $138 million in fuel expenditures and 2,343,375 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.