29 Oct Kenya Sales Manager
With more than 500,000 stoves sold since 2013, BURN has established itself as the most trusted jiko brand thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovative research and design, manufacturing excellence, and customer care. BURN is expanding into new markets at the same time penetrating the market in Kenya more significantly where more than 70% of the country is familiar with BURN’s Jikokoa brand. We are seeking an experienced Kenya sales manager to be responsible for all the Kenya sales.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Sales: Responsible for BURN’s Kenya Sales across three B2B wholesale channels: Retail, Financial Institutions, and Distributors with Agent Networks. Introduce new products to the Kenya market.
- Sales Strategy: Develop growth strategy for Kenya B2B Sales. The major goal is to grow Kenya Sales to penetrate the early mass market at >30% market penetration. Design and execute new product launch strategies for the Kenya market.
- Budget: Prepare, maintain, and adhere to Kenya Sales Department budget.
- Team Management: Manage Kenya Sales team including Channel Sales Executives, Activators and Activator Managers, Business Analyst, Sales Fellows, and other Kenya Sales Staff as the team grows. Oversee Kenya Sales Executive’s Key Account Quarterly Sales Plans.
- Business Development: Work on New Business Development with Kenya Key Accounts; both taking the lead or alongside channel Sales Executives.
- Marketing Campaigns: Offer input to Marketing Department on Kenya ATL marketing campaigns. Work with the Marketing Department and Kenya Sales Staff to ensure best execution of Kenya BTL Marketing campaigns, track BTL campaigns ROI to sales growth.
- Systems/Process/Training: help improve systems and processes for Kenya Sales Team (CRM, Sales Dashboard, New Business Development, and Sales/Channels Analysis). Oversee curriculum development and training of Kenya Sales Staff.
- Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts for Kenya. Produce monthly sales reports and other market based reports as needed.
Requirements- (E – essential, D – desirable):
- 5 Years Sales Experience (E), Kenya experience is a plus (D)
- B2B Sales and wholesale channel management experience (E)
- 3 years Sales Team Management experience (E), Kenya experience is a plus (D)
- Experience with sales/marketing of physical products (D) Durable Goods is a plus (D)
- Experience in New Business Development key Accounts (D)
- Ability to produce professional reports, accurate forecasts, and oversee channel sales plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree from University, ideally in Business (E). Master’s Degree is a plus (D)
APPLY NOW: https://www.fuzu.com/jobs/kenya-sales-manager-burn-manufacturing and include your salary expectations in your application.
Start Date: Quarter 2, 2019
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 2,500,000+ beneficiaries save $138 million in fuel expenditures and 2,343,375 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.