25 Jan Senior Mechanical Engineer
BURN is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Senior Mechanical Engineer position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kiambu. He/she will Develop, improve and implement manufacturing processes, including tools and jigs for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents.
- Root cause analysis and trouble-shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Read and manipulate models and drawings in CAD.
- Problem finder and solver.
- Hands on.
- Action oriented.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling.
- Excellent communicator.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Works well in a team.
- Comfortable working with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, welders, etc.
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling.
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable.
- Experience in a medium volume, medium tech manufacturing setting, preferable.
- Electrical control system basics is preferable.
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete design work
REMUNERATION: 80-160Ksh depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: February 24, 2017
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ Senior Mechanical Engineer _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to [email protected]
Explore our other opportunities
BURN designs, locally manufactures, and distributes aspirational high quality fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in Kenya. Job Description: We are seeking an experienced sales person for B2B wholesale sales of BURN’s Jikokoa improved cookstoves. The Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling......25 January, 2017No comment
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold......01 November, 2016No comment