19 May Senior Mechanical Engineer
BURN is looking for a driven candidate to fill the Senior Mechanical Engineer position at its modern clean cookstove manufacturing facility in Ruiru, Kiambu. He/she will Develop, improve and implement manufacturing processes, including tools and jigs for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents.
- Root cause analysis and trouble-shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Read and manipulate models and drawings in CAD.
- Problem finder and solver.
- Hands on.
- Action oriented.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling.
- Excellent communicator.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Works well in a team.
- Comfortable working with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, welders, etc.
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling.
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable.
- Experience in a medium volume, medium tech manufacturing setting, preferable.
- Electrical control system basics is preferable.
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete design work
REMUNERATION: 150,000KES – 300,000KES gross pay per month depending on experience.
CLOSING DATE: July 15, 2017
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ Senior Mechanical Engineer _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to [email protected]