30 Oct Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer
The Senior Procurement & Logistics Officer shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with new product development, engineering, production and other departments for clear specifications and procurement of materials, spares, consumables, samples, and parts
- Interpret suggested requirements from MRP and place orders with various local and international suppliers. Ensure follow-up from the time the order is placed to receipt to ensure timely delivery
- Undertake research and onboarding of new vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Prepare and conduct Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) and review quotations, Bid Analysis
- Monitor stock levels and place orders for replenishment as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage planning for planned inbound deliveries
- Ensure good communication, procedures and relationship is maintained with suppliers
- Undertake online purchases in conjunction with the finance department
- Ensure filing of all procurement documents
- Work and liaise with the supply chain manager on record-keeping for documents and data for duty remission scheme and VAT exemption
- Track and coordinate inbound shipment of parts, samples, spares etc using courier and shipping agents and track delivery
- Source for transport/logistics agent as and when required and negotiate competitive rates
- Liaise with various agencies and arrange for export documentation for finished products and other company items
- Ensure all vehicles in the fleet are in good condition through preventive and breakdown maintenance
- Any other duties as may be advised from time to time
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Degree Level or equivalent in a Procurement Discipline
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Procurement Operations, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in ERP systems – preferably Microsoft NAV
- Warehousing and Distribution experience
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience in Customs systems and procedures will be advantageous
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Detail Orientated and highly organized
- Independent thinker capable of dealing at all levels of the organization
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.