29 Jan Strategic Advisor to CEO
The strategic advisor will apply his/her professional knowledge and expertise to support the CEO in all financial and strategic planning activities. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
The successful candidate will be groomed for a senior position in the company within 12 months.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Assist CEO to track and provide analytical reports on the development of strategic initiatives, financial performance, and the market
- Coordinate with regional /head offices and industry bodies for reporting activities and general administrative affairs
- Carry out specific management projects falling outside the scope of Operations
- Develop and communicate strategic roadmap, corporate strategies, and business strategies
- Consolidate and produce business plans and review together with other business heads
- Produce regular and ad-hoc research papers/reports on the business development and market landscape
- Complete all reporting activities accurately and on time
Skills and Experience
- MBA or Bachelor degree
- Previous experience in strategic or management consulting
- Good sense of local and global socio-economic development
- Excellent Communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Excellent graphical presentation skill
- Excellent Desktop research skill
DURATION: 12 months
- Fellows receive a stipend plus international travel
- To apply please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.