06 Nov Tool & Die Technician
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
Position reports to: Production manager
Direct reports: None
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and have overall responsibility on production tools and non-machinery equipment.
- Manage and carries out all tool and die setup, changes, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, and storage.
- Responsible for ensuring the production line tools, jigs, fixtures and non-machinery equipment are functioning well.
- To prepare and manage the spare parts plans.
- Providing training and leadership to ensure mechanical assistant(s) have guidance and ability to conduct maintenance on production tools, equipment and infrastructure.
- Provide training to line operators as needed.
- Ensure a safe and organized shop workspace
- Always act as a positive representative of the company and consider environmental implications in the factory
- At least 3 years of experience with sheet metal blanking, piercing, bending and forming tools maintenance.
- Can operate and monitor sheet metal presses and press brakes.
- Can operate the machine shop tools: (Lathe, vertical milling, Surface grinding, vertical drillers and band saws).
- Can use the workshop’s hand tools safely and without any supervision.
- Can use Arc welding, steel wire welding, and copper wire welding.
- Have good experience with hear treatment and cold work steels.
- Capable of reading the detailed engineering drawings.
- Aware of the standards of fasteners and machining processes.
- CAD experience/knowledge is a plus point but not mandatory.
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.