21 Aug Business Development Fellow USA
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves in East Africa. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoa stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1.5 million beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and is expanding further across the continent.
BURN is expanding sales to the US market as a way to help fund growth for the company and is looking for someone to help develop strategy and relationships. You would be the first person day-to-day in the US for BURN and would be the point person to liaise back to the HQ in Nairobi. We are looking for someone dynamic with a can-do attitude. They will be a key member of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the CEO, VP Sales, and VP of Marketing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Within a team, develop and refine the sales and marketing strategy for the US market
- Hire, train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation team
- Develop and manage new partnerships
- Work with the CResponsibilities and VP of Marketing to develop innovative marketing campaigns
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of comfort working with business clients
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
- Sales, marketing, or business development experience is a plus
12-month fellowship in San Francisco to begin in Q3, 2017 with travel around the country. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,500 per month.
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ Business Development Fellow USA _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to [email protected]