11 Jun Carbon Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Operational Excellence: Help scale and improve data capture at end consumer distribution point. Trial and scale new data capture and data management systems, develop and implement SOPs for carbon compliance.
· Expand Carbon Offsetting Footprint: Grow BURN’s carbon offsetting to new geographical territories and new products. Implement necessary data and compliance systems with diverse stakeholders across several fields and countries.
· Carbon Database Management: Coordinating continuous improvement of database management with BURN’s well-staffed Market Intelligence team, including quality control and SOP development to ensure offsetting compliance.
· Monitoring and Evaluation: Own the M&E requirements of this distribution project, including measuring specific social and environmental impact metrics through surveys and home observations.
· Carbon Offset Issuance: Manage a complex calendar of project monitoring and audit activities including field monitoring teams, reporting and documentation teams, DOEs, and BURN’s own Market Intelligence to issue carbon credits on time.
· Carbon Offset Sales: Together with members of the Senior Management Team, represent BURN in ERPA and carbon investment negotiations. Create excellent presentations with clear quantitative communications.
· Global Offset Market: Track global carbon market and identify upcoming opportunities & pitfalls. Represent BURN at global carbon conferences/meetings.
· Problem Solving: Solve a variety of challenges as they arise in distribution, staffing, partnerships, and financials.
· Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team highlighting performance against KPIs.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years Project Management experience: expertise in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time
- 3+ years Monitoring and Evaluation Experience: experience managing M&E in the field, ideally for a carbon offsetting project
- Familiarity with carbon methodologies and protocols, global carbon policy, and carbon standards
- Very strong quantitative experience, including statistical analysis familiarity, database management familiarity, and mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – a mastery of conveying complex quantitative information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work and coordinate with several teams and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree from University. Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus
- Excellent English language skills
- Operations and P&L management experience for B2C and B2B clean-energy product distribution
- Hands-on carbon L experience, ideally with a cookstove project, either on the implementation or auditing side
- Language skills in French and/or Portuguese
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 800,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.