Your Previous Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing an Engineering organization. Preferably experience in manual assembly operations, metal stamping and forming, and designing tools for use by factory production. Must have very strong knowledge in mechanical CAD design (2D required, 3D helpful). Must have analytical and problem-solving skills, using statistical methods, direct input from production (Gemba), and be extremely hands on. Must be able to personally implement engineering concepts on the production floor (very important).
Your Team: Initially this role has no direct reports. In the second stage there will be manufacturing engineering technicians reporting into this position.
Your responsibilities: You will be a key member of NPI cross functional team (NPD – M&S)
- Design and project management of fixtures and Jigs for assembly lines
- Production Line Layout
- Facility Layout – in conjunction with support from Head of Manufacturing and the COO.
- Process Flows
- Process development – project based, with support of Head of Engineering.
- Capacity Models and Utilization Models
- Line Balancing, headcount reduction, time studies
- Costing of Assembly Processes – with support of Head of Engineering and the COO. Will coordinate with supply chain for full product pricing using existing ERP system.
- Continuous Improvement action reducing costs
- Work instructions
- Standard Operating Procedures related to Engineering activities
- Engineer’s Degree
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)