06 Nov Commercial Team Fellow
We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Commercial Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the Commercial Team and will work closely with the Kenya Commercial Director (KCD). The Fellow will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways.
- Develop, along with the KCD, processes and systems for the Commercial department to run more efficiently and scale.
- Help grow existing distribution channels for BURN by supporting Sales Executives on developing specific sales strategies.
- Manage a range of “Special Projects” within the commercial team.
- Work with Sales Execs on professional development and capacity building. Such as trainings on selling techniques, negotiations strategy, IT, etc.
- Strategize, plan, and implement new product launches with the KCD and sales team.
- Support the KCD on operations and office work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking – experience developing strategy and/or business plans.
- Process-oriented – experience developing processes and systems.
- High level of comfort working with B2B clients and a team of outside Sales Executives.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’.
- Consumer product experience (durable goods ideal).
- Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates with sales and marketing experience and candidates with East African experience.
This is a six to twelve-month fellowship in Ruiru (just outside Nairobi), Kenya to begin in Q1 2020. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,200 per month and housing in a company house in Nairobi.
BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject heading “Commercial Team Fellow Application”.
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.