22 Feb Data Analyst Programmer
The role involves working in a big data environment for a project with heavy data and stakeholder management needs. The Statistical Programmer/Analyst responsibilities will therefore span all project phases (locating and assembling data, building datasets for analysis, implementing and interpreting mathematical and statistical procedures that often involve novel, challenging analyses of large datasets, and creating final presentations, reports, and graphics), while working closely with project managers and principal consultants to deliver to all stakeholder expectations including investors, funding partners, auditors and internal customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data management: work with large data sets, manage and manipulate them through programming.
- Analyze these data sets and deliver reports that outline inefficiencies, inaccuracies, inconsistencies and other issues and develop solutions.
- Develop data management protocols, working alone or partnering with other programmers and other relevant internal stakeholders, aid in the design, development and implementation of new programs and application for managing big data.
- Design and implement projects data-needs solutions; review project data needs and recommend designs, implement them and work to continually improve them.
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong background in statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, economics, or a related field;
- Wide experience in data analysis and strong computer skills using, R, Ms. Excel, SPSS and other scientific packages, and standard business and graphics software on Windows platforms in big data environment
- Proficiency in using query and general-purpose programming languages such as Python, SQL, etc
- Data-oriented personality with good scripting and programming skills
- Aptitude for quantitative problem solving and precision;
- Good communication skills;
- String leadership and management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in an informal, collegial environment.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation competitive with the industry
At BURN and in our project teams we value and recognize ability and performance. We welcome new ideas and suggestions for better ways of achieving project goals and encourage continual improvement of skills and methods. We do our work on a flexible schedule as projects require but most importantly, we meet deadlines.
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.