30 Nov Digital Marketing Officer
The role of the digital marketing officer is to oversee the designing, execution, and optimization of the company wide digital marketing/communication strategy with a focus on (i) the brand and (ii) the products. This shall cover, among other strategies, digital platforms mapping, SEO, Social Media, email, mobile, copywriting, videos production and media buying across all regions we operate.
- Oversee the designing and execution of quarterly digital campaigns aimed at enhancing the brands position in the market or products uptake.
- Through collaborating with the internal teams and stakeholders, create and optimize content for digital distribution.
- Champion the creation and routine upgrades of the company website, blogs, and social media platforms and related digital assets.
- Monitor, measure and report the monthly performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Responsible for the creation and optimization of the firm-wide digital marketing budget.
- Ensure all digital assets/platforms are optimized for search and usability.
- Design and execute an online employee activation/advocacy strategy for enhanced online brand positioning.
- Monitor the brand’s online performance in comparison with the industry & competitors’ activities and the audience sentiments.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry digital communication developments. Optimize digital spend and performance based on the insights.
- Champion the training of the general team on varied digital marketing sections and trends.
- Liaise with digital vendors/agencies for digital material purchases and team training.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills – including content creation
- 2years plus experience in digital marketing
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 2,500,000+ beneficiaries save $138 million in fuel expenditures and 2,343,375 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.