10 Feb Ethiopia Sales Manager
BURN Manufacturing is seeking a Sales Manager to spearhead its sales expansion into Ethiopia. He/she will be a key member of the Expansion team and will work closely with the VP Expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy: In collaboration with the Expansion team in Nairobi, design, implement and manage the national sales, marketing and distribution strategy for Ethiopia
- Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships/customer accounts and provide support when necessary
- Business Development: Identify and develop new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retailers, corporations/government institutions and NGOs
- Marketing: In collaboration with the Marketing team in Nairobi, design, implement and manage innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through existing distribution channels
- Activations & Merchandising: Hire (or outsource), train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation/merchandising team in line with BURN’s market strategy (live demos, store displays, etc)
- Logistics & Forecasting: Plan an order schedule together with importers/distributors, assist in sales forecasting and track the sales and marketing budget for the country
- Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team in Nairobi highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness and growth opportunities
- Training: Train partners on BURN’s products
- After Sales: Set up and manage an after-sales network of repair stations and warranty activations
- Market Research: Assist the Market Research team in Nairobi with any market specific research projects
- Government Relations: Be the key on-the-ground person for BURN working with Government officials with guidance and support from the Expansion team in Nairobi
- 3 years sales and marketing experience in Ethiopia (E), preferably in consumer durable goods (D)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both Amharic and English) (E)
- Managerial experience; strong ability to manage a small team of promoters (E)
- High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients (E)
- Experience designing and managing marketing strategies/campaigns and creating end-consumer demand (E)
- Familiarity with the Ethiopia wholesale/retail market (E)
- Enthusiastic, creative and a desire to ‘sell for good’ (E)
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans (D)
- Experience developing new distribution channels (D)
- Strong analysis/number-crunching background (D)
Note: The applicant must be fluent in Amharic.
Contract Period: 12 months
Start Date: March 1st, 2020
How To Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Ethiopia Sales Manager [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>. Email Subject Line: Ethiopia Sales Manager
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.