11 Jun Horn of Africa Director
BURN is seeking a Commercial Director for the Horn of Africa, who will be responsible for BURN’s entire commercial operation in Ethiopia. Somalia, Djibouti, and Sudan. The position is responsible for balancing immediate resources, ROI, and long-term potential of the new countries that BURN expands into. The Commercial Director’s key deliverables will be growing total regional revenue and profit and achieving 75%+ market share for BURN.
1) Commercial Operations: Manage strategy and operations for all BURN business in the Horn of Africa
2) Top-Line Revenue Growth: Achieve top-line growth through geographical expansion, demand generation, and product line growth
3) Team Management: Recruit, manage, and build capacity of Horn of Africa country teams including Country Managers, Sales Managers, Activators, support staff and others as the team grows. Oversee staff’s KPIs.
4) High-Level Relationships: Generate and manage high-level relationships with government, industry organizations, and distributors
5) Reporting/Forecasting: Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts. Produce excellent regular reports on strategy and execution (monthly and quarterly)
6) Collaboration: Coordinate between BURN’s Horn of Africa teams and HQ market intelligence, admin, and senior management teams to align Horn of Africa strategy, operations, and procedures with rest of company
7) Brand: Establish, build and protect BURN’s brands in the Horn of Africa in order to make BURN a staple brand in the region
8) Marketing: Manage BURN’s marketing strategy and ensure the execution of an aligned set of marketing activities across the region
9) Distribution: Build and manage a network of wholesalers and retailers across the region
· 8 Years Sales & Marketing Experience in Somalia and/or Ethiopia
· 3+ years Sales and Marketing Senior level Management Experience
· B2B Sales and wholesale channel management experience
· 5 Years experience in New Business Development of Key Accounts (E)
· Ability to produce and present professional strategy, reports, accurate forecasts, and oversee channel sales plans
· Bachelor’s Degree from University. Master’s Degree is a plus
· Experience with sales / marketing of physical products, Durable Goods is a plus
· 3+ year’s experience successfully developing new sales channel
· Sales/Marketing Data Analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 800,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.