07 Aug Kuniokoa Project Field Manager
BURN is seeking a Kuniokoa Project Field Manager, who will be responsible for managing a team of field staff to distribute large volumes of low-cost Kuniokoa wood stoves to rural communities in Kenya.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded sales and operations professional, with management and M&E experience. They will help recruit and manage a distribution team and coordinate the activities of this team together with the Director of Field Operations to distribute and register Kuniokoas in rural Kenya for a period of 6 to 12 months.
Through these efforts they will be responsible for rolling out the first-ever large-scale distribution of the world’s cleanest-burning natural-draft household rocket stove, leading to a savings of 2 million tons of wood and a 70% reduction in indoor air pollution for customers.
- Team Management: Help recruit a distribution team and manage their activities, KPIs, and budget.
- Trainings: Work with BURN’s distribution partners and internal team to extend ensure that they are fulfilling BURN’s registration and evaluation requirements.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Ensure that BURN is distributing to the right type of customers, and audit the team’s performance in the field
- Problem Solving: Solve a variety of challenges as they arise in distribution, staffing, partnerships, and financials.
- Reporting: Produce reporting on KPIs for sales team and make HR recommendations based on the same
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years Sales and/or Operations Mid to Senior level Management Experience (E)
- B2C sales, B2B sales, route-to-market, and supply chain, and new business development experience (E)
- Bachelor’s Degree from University (E).
- Experience in managing agent-based distribution of socially-impactful goods (D)
- Experience with sales/marketing of physical products (D) Durable Goods is a plus (D)
- Sales/Marketing Data Analysis experience (D)
Salary: Ksh 80,000/= plus commissions*
To Apply, visit https://www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.