13 Feb Marketing and Training Officer (Somali-Region)
We are currently looking for a Senior Marketing and Training Officer in the Somali Regions to drive implementation of BURN’s marketing strategy.
Working closely with the marketing, sales, and expansion market departments, the Senior Marketing Officer will be responsible for creating and deploying marketing resources.
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Strategy Development: In conjunction with the management team, devise marketing strategies that support BURN’s sales goals for customers in our target channels. Partner directly with customers to develop these strategies to ensure they meet mutually beneficial needs.
- Marketing Programs Implementation: Based upon strategy, implement the tactical marketing initiatives identified for each program. Tactics will vary by customer and are limited only by the Senior Marketing Officer’s creativity, but could include: co-branded collateral, signage, retail merchandising campaigns, product displays, sales promotion campaigns, advertising, wall branding, events, Training of Retailers and Burn sales team among others.
- Project Implementation: Liaise with third-party vendors — such as printers, wall branding firms, promotional advertising firms, and others — to coordinate and implement the marketing program. Coordinate vendor budgeting and invoice processing with VP Marketing.
- Training: be the primary trainer of BURN sales staff in the Somali Region. With BURN HQ Marketing, team, create and become the expert in training materials on messaging, products, brand, after sales, etc.
- Account Management and Monitoring: Working with the management team, establish and manage marketing budgets for each customer program. Provide monthly status/results reporting for each program.
- Miscellaneous: Work in a team-based manner with Marketing Department colleagues and provide professional support for other departmental initiatives including Training in Both Somali and English as needed and assigned.
- 3+ years of business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business marketing experience, whether in a corporate or marketing agency environment, particularly in roles with consumer- or client-facing responsibilities
- Superior writing and speaking in English and Somali, creativity and presentation skills
- Proven experience in strategizing, devising and executing original marketing programs
- Marketing project implementation and management experience, including sourcing and direction of creative suppliers (such as printers, graphic designers or promotional advertising agencies)
- Ability to work collaboratively with BURN sales representatives to create marketing programs which support product sales goals
- Budget management experience
- Energetic, multi-tasker, passionate about helping people save money and the environment with our efficient modern charcoal stoves
- Traveling within Somali Regions both in main cities and remote will be required where necessary
- Professional marketing experience in Somali Regions in any of the following industries: Grocery, General Trade Retail, Financial Services, Microfinance, Local Organizations, Social Enterprise
- Marketing experience in Somali Regions or and Ethiopia
- Marketing experience targeting the Bottom of the Pyramid consumer sector
To Apply: Send your cv and cover letter to [email protected], including your salary expectations.
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations.
About BURN: Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.