View this email in your browser
2018 has been an incredible year thus far for BURN! We've now sold more than 450,000 super-efficient modern cookstoves and we’re on track to surpass the half million mark this summer!
BURN’s stoves are now transforming the lives of 2.1
million people in East Africa, helping them reduce
charcoal consumption by 56% and fuel expenditures by
$150-300 annually. In total since our manufacturing
operations began in 2013, we have helped families reduce fuel costs by $110 million, wood consumption by 1.7 million tons, and CO2 emissions by 3 million tons.
• We launched the revolutionary Jikokoa Xtra which is Africa’s most fuel-efficient, longest lasting and largest household jiko.
• In July, we kicked off a new partnership with Global Good — which is funded by Bill and Melinda Gates — to design and manufacture a new Tier 4 biomass stove for rural sub-Saharan Africa.
• In June, CNN International featured BURN in a “Marketplace Africa” segment about the current logging ban in Kenya and highlighted BURN as one of the best ways to reduce deforestation in Kenya and the continent.
• In April, we received global recognition by winning the prestigious Bloomberg New Energy Pioneers Prize.
• And on the sales front, we exceeded our first quarter projections by 40% and maintained this pace through Q2. Part of this demand is driven by the increase in charcoal prices. For example, in Kenya, charcoal prices have more than doubled
this year, which means our JikokoaTM cookstove now pays for itself after just six weeks of use.
All this growth means BURN needs to expand our team. We have a number of Kenya-based positions available, such as Chief Commercial Officer, Head of Product Innovation, and Lead Mechanical Design Engineer. If you would like to join the BURN revolution, please visit our website’s careers page for more info.
BURN baby BURN!
Peter Scott CEO/Founder
In 2013, BURN changed the playing field for modern biomass cookstoves when we introduced the Jikokoa, sub-Saharan Africa’s most economical and durable charcoal jiko. Five years later, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) recognized us a pioneering clean energy game-changer. Read More
Kenya’s #1 Cookstove Just Got Better
Since 2013, BURN’s Jikokoa charcoal cookstove has been Kenya’s best- selling and top-rated stove for fuel efficiency and durability. Our newest Jikokoa — the Jikokoa Xtra — is a complete reimagining of the original Jikokoa design and is the culmination of eight years of design, testing and market research. Read More
In a first-of-its-kind collaboration, BURN will partner with Intellectual Ventures’ Global Good to co-develop a clean burning, affordable and fuel-efficient biomass cookstove for households in sub-Saharan Africa. Read More
CNN International’s “Marketplace Africa” ran a story last month about Kenya’s higher charcoal prices and how BURN is part of the solution to the country's shifting fuel landscape. Click here to see the segment: https://cnn.it/2t8TeN7
Workforce Gender Parity At BURN
BURN is best known for our groundbreaking biomass stoves that save money, reduce indoor air pollution and provide long-lasting cooking solutions. But we’re also breaking barriers by establishing career pathways for Kenyan women in traditionally male-oriented fields.
Visit us at www.burnstoves.com
Drop us a line at email@example.com
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
Copyright© 2018 BURN Manufacturing Co. All rights reserved.