14 Feb Project Compliance and Administration Officer
We are looking for a Project Compliance Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules. You will also review employees’ work and provide advice on compliance.
To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions.
Your goal will be to ensure that all departments implement the approved policies and processes while meeting our business objectives but also submit recommendation to management for improvement. Your duties will include reviewing employee work, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations.
The ideal candidate will be professional, highly analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing an effective compliance program
- Be the gatekeeper for payroll, HR documentation, regular reporting from field staff for the project
- Educating and training employees
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise projects and company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate project activities to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Address employee concerns or questions on compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- Support with administrative tasks e.g PRFs approval
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager or Field Project Manager
- Experience in risk management
- Integrity and professional ethics
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role, preferably in a project driven environment.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
To apply, please visit www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing/cf
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.