20 Jul R&D Lab Analyst
- Conduct lab tests on current BURN products, products in the R&D pipeline, competitor’s products, and new cookstove fuel performance. This includes Water Boiling Tests, Controlled Cooking Tests, temperature tests, fuel performance etc.
- Analysis and reporting of testing result for every study conducted, including the creation of tracked product performance reports
- Manage datasets of test results
- Maintain and refine testing methodologies, safety protocols, procedures etc
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Maintain lab equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Other activities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
To apply, visit: https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/2786
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only jiko company which manufactures all of its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 800,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.