02 Mar Sales Activation Manager
The employee’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Staff Management: Ensure 15-30 sales Kenya sales activators arrive at work in a timely manner, are well presented, and ready for work. Oversee sales activators commissions, work schedule, develop & report KPI’s, and training.
- Hire/Fire: Hire and fire sales activators. Discipline & reward activators as needed.
- Training & Coaching: Train sales activators so they have a thorough understanding of the BURN products he/she sells and are highly motivated for activations. Train regional managers to motivate and educate their local team members for sales and distributor support. Train on products, value proposition, selling techniques.
- Scheduling: Determine the activation schedule by sales channel, locations, day, and times.
- Manage activator schedules in Nairobi. Oversee activators’ schedules by the regional office.
- Event Planning: Ensure that all required permits, food, cooking equipment, marketing material, etc. are planned for and ready for the sales activations on a daily basis and monthly OTG events (tied to radio, conferences, farm shows, etc.). Work with and manage our celebrity ambassador at marketing & OTG events.
- Strategy: Drive activation strategy across Kenya to grow sales/channels/specific distributors; help launch new products through activated sales; help develop activation strategy that will help grow new sales channels.
- Reporting: Oversee weekly reports on Activator sales Nationally. Oversee and perform other reporting like commissions, sales data, KPI’s, reporting on strategic initiatives.
- Measurement & Analysis: Measure and analyze ROI of activations; sales volumes by sales channel, distributor, and location; and additional metrics for success. Measure and analyze individual activator performance vs. KPI’s.
- Professional Development: Attend training and meetings at the BURN offices as requested. Help develop regional managers into good managers of local activator staff.
- 5 years on the ground sales/activation team management experience.
- A university degree.
- 5 years experience on sales reporting and managing a budget.
- In-depth knowledge of Kenya’s retail channel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, Swahili and English fluency mandatory.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’.
To Apply: Please visit https://www.fuzu.com/company/burn-manufacturing
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.