28 Mar Sales Project Manager – Anglophone West Africa
BURN is seeking a Sales Project Manager for Anglophone West Africa, who will be responsible for managing a range of exciting start-up sales and market research initiatives in a selected number of markets across Anglophone West Africa.
The position has four specific core responsibilities, as well as several additional responsibilities that will evolve throughout the duration of the position in line with the company’s regional strategy.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (location can be flexible)
Position Reports To: Director of Expansion
1. New Business Development
Identify and develop new distribution partnerships, targeting importers, wholesalers, retailers, financial institutions, corporations/government institutions and NGOs
2. Trial Sales
Spearhead BURN’s trial sales activities with distributors and other partners alike
3. Market Research
Lead BURN’s on-the-ground market research projects, specifically, willingness to pay and usability studies for its existing and new product line
4. Activation & Merchandising Team
Hire (or outsource), train and manage a team of sales activators and researchers/enumerators.
1. BURN’s Key Regional Lead
Assist with the management of operations in the selected markets, including business setup (business registration, licenses, banking etc), third-party logistics, staff and country-specific commercial operations
2. Market Scoping/Assessment
Assist with the design of the company’s official go-to-market strategies for the selected markets, including leading all on-the-ground market research activities
3. Account Management
Assist with the management of key distribution partnerships/customer accounts and provide support when necessary
Assist with the design of the sales, distribution and marketing strategies for the selected markets.
Skills and Experience – Essential:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
2. 1+ years’ experience in new business development activities, with a proven record in successfully identifying and developing B2B distribution partnerships
3. 1+ years’ experience running on-the-ground sales and marketing events, specifically, marketplace product activations/demonstrations
4. 1+ years’ experience managing a team of sales activators/agents
5. Experience managing market research projects (preferably in relation to product sales), and working with data collection, either directly or in collaboration with researchers/enumerators
6. Enthusiastic, creative, a desire to ‘sell for good’ and willingness to get your ‘hands dirty’
7. Bachelor’s degree from university
Skills and Experience – Desired:
1. Experience with travel across Anglophone West Africa, most notably, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia
2. Experience conducting market scoping/assessments exercises and designing route-to-market plans
3. Experience managing key account partnerships across a range of sales channels
4. Strong analytic/number-crunching background, specifically sales and marketing data
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.