02 Mar Uganda Country Lead
We are seeking a Country Lead to spearhead our sales expansion into Uganda. He/she will be a key member of the Expansion team and will work closely with the Director of Expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- · Strategy: In collaboration with the Expansion team in Nairobi, design, implement and manage the national sales, marketing and distribution strategy for Uganda
- · Business Development: Identify and develop new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retailers, financial institutions, corporations/government institutions and NGOs
- · Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships/customer accounts and provide support when necessary
- · Marketing: In collaboration with the marketing team in Nairobi, design, implement and manage innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through existing and new distribution channels
- · Activations & Merchandising: Hire (or outsource), train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation/merchandising team in line with BURN’s marketing strategy (live demos, store displays, etc)
- · Logistics & Forecasting: Plan an order schedule together with importers/distributors, assist in sales forecasting and track the sales and marketing budget for the country
- · Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team in Nairobi highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness and growth opportunities
- · Training: Train partners on BURN’s products
- · Market Research: Assist the market research team in Nairobi with any market research projects
- · After Sales: Set up and manage an after-sales network of repair stations and warranty activations (in the long term)
- · Government Relations: Be the key on-the-ground person for BURN working with Government officials with guidance and support from the Expansion team in Nairobi
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills (E)
- 2 years sales, marketing and new business development experience in Uganda (E), preferably in consumer durable goods (D)
- Experience developing new distribution channels (E)
- Familiarity with the Uganda wholesale/retail market (E)
- High level of comfort working with wholesale business clients (E)
- Proven ability to manage a small team of promoters (E)
- Experience designing and managing marketing strategies/campaigns and creating end-consumer demand (E)
- Enthusiastic, creative and a desire to ‘sell for good’ (E)
- Strong analytic/number-crunching background (D)
- Strategic thinking; experience developing strategy and/or business plans (D)
Contract Period: 12 months
To Apply: Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] in the following filename format:
<[First Name, Last Name], Uganda Country Lead [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.
Email Subject Line: Uganda Country Lead
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company that manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 700,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and is on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.
BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves – as well as a new range of electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years, BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products.
BURN is a corruption-free business, and in accordance with its graft policy, there is zero tolerance for giving or receiving bribes or allowing any other undue influence on our operations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.