21 Aug VP Marketing
BURN, manufactures and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN is the leading cookstove company in sub-Saharan Africa and has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000+ jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $52 million in fuel expenditures and 1,156,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
We are seeking an exceptional mission-driven professional with 5+ years of work experience in marketing and communications. The VP Marketing position is responsible for Burn’s marketing, communications, and after-sales strategy and operations from top to bottom. You would be the person accountable for doing smart, creative, and cost-effective marketing that is also top-notch in the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Strategy: Consult with CEO, sales team, and management team to develop overall marketing. Develop and manage budgets, and drive marketing, primarily including: ATL, BTL, branding, social media/website, PR & communications.
- Department Management: Manage marketing department personnel, effectively utilizing department resources to hit targets.
- Communications: Drive Burn’s corporate-facing and consumer-facing communications, including website, social media, and press releases.
- Sales Support: Ensure that marketing strategy and activities are driven by the key growth channels for sales, work with VP Sales to guarantee that marketing is always supporting sales.
- Reporting: Monitor, analyze and optimize ROI of marketing campaigns. Produce monthly reports for board to highlighting trends, marketing KPIs, and opportunities for growth. Responsible for P&L.
- Sales and Marketing Expansion: Provide key insights on expansion strategy, into new markets. Aid in strategy development and execution as needed by CEO & VP of Sales.
- Market Insight: Research and understand the media landscape in Burn’s countries of operation. Provide creative insight to campaigns that are relevant to our consumers. Advise management on untapped markets, and advise design team with respect to new product development
- Creative Direction: Provide creative support on ad and promotion campaigns (radio advertising/TV commercials), artwork, and promotional concepts.
- Customer Data: Manage the use and analysis of customer data. Provide other departments with key tools & analysis from this data that can be used to inform sales & marketing decisions.
- After Sales Service: Manage the after-sales service department, and drive after-sales initiatives to maintain Burn’s strong reputation throughout the product lifecycle.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
- 3-5 years of experience working overseas (East Africa a big plus)
- Professional experience in team leadership and management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications and/or public relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, relevant work experiences
CLOSING DATE: 30th Sept 2017
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
To apply, please attach your CV and cover letter named with the filename convention:
First Name, Last Name_ VP Marketing _CV/Cover Letter_Month, Year to [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Explore our other opportunities